In situation where you look at the printer menu and it shows you ‘Printer Offline’ message, what will you do? You will definitely look for an effective guide that will help you to fix the printer offline error. Isn’t it!
Then, why wasting time looking here and there when in order to help all the HP printers users, we bring one of the most comprehensive guide with which you can easily troubleshoot ‘HP Printer Offline Error in Windows 10’. So, without wasting any further second let’s start the comprehensive guide to help HP users to troubleshoot the printer offline error:
Why will my HP printer not come online?
First of all do you know that there are quite a few reasons why Windows may not detect that the HP printer is online. If not then no worries as you can read below mentioned possible reasons behind this error.
- Your Printer will show offline error if it was not connected properly to your computer and to your router through a cable. Without a connection between your computer and your printer, you won’t be able to use your printer for printing.
- It will also show this error if there’s no proper network connection. Yes! Even the minor network connectivity issue will led to printer offline error.
- The error even occurred due to some hardware related issues like out-dated, corrupted or missing drivers, etc.
- Sometimes other possible reasons are like paper jams error, print aligns error, or print jobs stuck errors etc.
Now, once you know the reasons behind the printer offline error, you can easily decide which method to use to get your HP printer back from offline state to online state without wasting your much precious time. However, first and the foremost try some simple ways to fix this error before getting deep into the complex methods:
- Restart your device (either mobile or computer) and HP printer that means turn off and then turn on. Also ensure that your printer is not in power saving mode.
- Disconnect the connection between your printer and your device (either mobile or computer) and wait for more than 30 seconds, then install the connection back.
If the above-mentioned simple steps don’t help to put your printer back online, then you have to follow the below mentioned methods to troubleshoot the HP Printer showing Offline error:
1: Use the Printers Software tool i.e., HP Print and Scan Doctor
- If you have it then good enough otherwise, just download the ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor’ software.
- Once downloaded look for the downloaded file in order to run ‘‘HPPSdr.exe’.
- This will open the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and to use it you have to click on ‘Start’ and then choose your particular HP ‘Printer’ from the list of available printers.
- Then if there’s an issue, HP print and Scan Doctor tool will prompt to turn printer updates and all you have to do is just click ‘Yes’ button to further continue the process.
- After that, another message will prompt in order to make your printer ‘A Default Printer’ and you have to click ‘Yes’ for that as well.
- Thus, by continuing with these steps, you’ll be able to finally turn your HP printer back to the online state.
2: Try to set the Printer to Online state “Manually”
- Sometimes your printer settings is configured incorrectly therefore, to fix that simply go to your computer ‘Start’ icon and from there choose the option ‘Control Panel’ in order to further choose ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Then, you have to right-click on the ‘Printer in Question’ so that you can choose the ‘See what’s printing’ option
- After that you’ll be directed to new window and there you have to select ‘Printer’ from the top of the menu bar.
- And, then lastly, select the ‘Use Printer Online’ option from its drop-down menu to finally turn you printer back to online state.
3: Uninstall and then Re-install the HP Printers Drivers
- To do so, directly go to the ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Printers’ in order to select the drivers of your particular printer.
- After that, you have to right-click on that printer to choose its ‘Properties’.
- Then simply under the ‘General’ or ‘Details’, just search for the drivers button in order to select it.
- If necessary you can even download the updated printer drivers from its manufacturer’s site.
- Coming back to the further step, you need to reinstall the printer by going to the previous steps where you selected the printer under ‘Printers’ option in the setting menu.
- That’s it! There just delete the old printer drivers and re-install its new updated version with the help of ‘Add printer wizard’.
However, in case if your Printer comes online just for temporarily basis, then you can try another method of “Run the Troubleshooter” option to finally troubleshoot the Printer offline error. And, if required you can even contact your printer’s company in order to help you fix the error of printer offline in Windows 10.
Recommended: The Ultimate Guide About The iMac Pro i7 4K